Pitches View is situated in the village of Reydon, one mile north-west of Southwold, Suffolk. Reydon and Southwold have a number of local amenities including a doctor's surgeries, dentists, shops, hotels and restaurants, allotments and village hall.
Built by Orwell in 2003, Pitches View consists of 32 self-contained one and two bedroom apartments over two floors. All are large enough for two people. Each apartment benefits from having its own front door, bedroom, lounge, fully fitted kitchen a level-based wet room including WC. Each apartment is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
- A large tenants lounge and kitchen
- Two smaller lounges for more informal use by tenants
- Three assisted bathrooms with Jacuzzi-style baths
- Two laundry rooms containing washing machines and tumble dryers
- A 24-hour door entry system with CCTV to give additional home security
- A lift to give easy access to first and second floor accommodation
- Emergency alarm pull cords are located in every room as well as in communal areas
- Treatment/hobbies room
- Communal gardens including patio area
- A scooter store facility
From sailing the seven seas to artist and model maker.
During his time in the Navy Peter enjoyed wood carving and model making.
Since living at Pitches View Peter has traded his wood work tools for paints and canvas.
Recently Peter created an Owl model from wire, papier mache, clay and finally painting it. This has used a mix of his old model building skills and his new painting skills.
The Owl has yet to be named, but we are sure that whatever it is called it will be a WISE choice!
“I have always worked with older people and feel a great sense of pride knowing that we have made a difference to their lives, whether it is their emotional wellbeing or in their last few days of life.”
I have been in the caring profession since 1999 in various different roles. I began as a carer in a residential home, I ran a day centre, I have worked in a hospital as a health care assistant, an activities co-ordinator and I have been in a variety of supervisory roles.
I joined Orwell in January 2013, as a Team Leader, and in February 2018 became the Service Manager at Pitches View. Being in the caring profession has a fulfilment that I don’t feel I could get from any other job. I would recommend it to anyone!